Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentine's Day Fun: 30 Fun Food Ideas


I just love fun food, don't you? Especially if the meal/snack isn't too difficult or require too much time or effort. Making "fun food" helps make holidays and other special days more memorable (and tasty!). Because even if you don't do anything else holiday related, you still gotta' eat, and so do the kids.

I am not a big fan of loading my kids up with a lot of fat and sugar just because the day happens to be a holiday, and, unfortunately, it seems like most holiday food ideas out there are filled with just that. Because of this, a lot of the ideas here are of "real food," and not just chocolate/sugar covered cookies and desserts. (I don't know if I would go so far as to call all of these ideas healthy, but at least hot dogs and grilled cheese will provide more nutrients than 30 different versions of the Valentine cupcake! And I did scatter several healthy ideas throughout as well.) Because a lot of these ideas are for "real food", you can feel free to try several of these ideas without having to worry about whether, in the name of holiday fun, you are filling your children with too many sweets.

I hope you enjoy this list of Valentine fun food ideas from around the web. Stay tuned for Valentine crafts and other Valentine freebies lists--those are coming soon! (You can find the next Valentine post on crafts, printables, and other Valentine's Day activities here.)




















































(Other fun Valentine food ideas there, too!)











If you liked this post, stay tuned for more Valentine links coming soon! And if you just can't wait, you can check out my Valentine Board on Pinterest. Happy food making!

This post is linked up with these fabulous linky parties:
For the Kids Friday        
       Sun Scholars                The Better Mom            Time-Warp Wife

Raising Arrows
 

If you liked this, you might check out the next related post:

4 comments:

  1. What a great collection of ideas. I love it! I need to keep a bunch of those in mind for Thursday. Love having fun with food for my kids and husband. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com - He fills my cup too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jodi! I love to meet other bloggers, and I'm so glad you found these helpful. I checked out your blog and it looks like it's right up my alley! I especially like the character education posts. So important! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful list with LOTS of great ideas. I'll have to try them! Tonight for dinner I tried to make the heart shaped carrots. They were definitely not as pretty as the original post, but the kids could tell they were heart shaped (I boiled them, then seasoned them.) I served them with heart shaped hamburgers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I'm so glad you liked these. Heart-shaped hamburgers--what a great, easy idea! I bet your family loved them. :)

      Delete